25 Apr 2010

Clam chowder

Hello!

I am going to travel to Vietnam this week for 14 days so I can't wait for that. It's always pleasure for me to travel Asian countries and one of the big reasons is due to their polished and deep food culture. Must be careful of gaining my weight.

However, I'm a little worried about another disaster somewhere as we see quite a few of those hapening in the world lately...

Today I will cook an American recipe called " clam chowder" which is popular in Japan as well.
Ingredients:
potato
onion
carrot
clam
bacon
flour(2tbsps)
salt/pepper
milk
consomme(dry)
(cheese)

1- Put the clams in the water and leave it for an hour or more. Boil with a cup of water and get the clams out of the shells. Keep the boiling water.

2- Cut the vegetables and bacon in 1cm cubes and stir fry.

3- Add the flour and stir fry. Put the boiling water from 1, milk and consomme, and boil till all the ingredients are cooked.

4- Add some Parmesan cheese if you want. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.

Itadakimasu.