12 May 2010

Boiled chicken and konjac

Hello!
Sorry I have not updated the blog for a while as I've been traveling in Vietnam for two weeks. It really surprised me to find out that Vietnam is very different to Japan. Actually it's more difficult to find a similarity than even many places in Europe.

During the journey, it was always a joy to have the Vietnamese food. Because of its hot and humid climate, I often had no appetite but I still tried to drive myself to experience as many types of food as possible. I could not miss any good meals there! I would like to introduce some of them in this blog.

However, I missed Japanese food terribly after the long time abroad. As soon as I got back, I cooked miso soup, rice, salad, Japanese omelet and the boiled chicken and konjac...
Ingredients:
konjac
age (fried tofu)
chicken
soy sauce
sugar
mirin
sake

1- Cut konjac roughly with spoon, age and chicken. Boil all the ingredients and drain the water.

2- Heat a table spoon of oil and fry 1.

3- Put a cup of water, sugar, mirin, sake and soy sauce in and boil until all the ingredients are cooked.

Itadakimasu.