18 Aug 2010

Fried meat balls coated with sesame

Finally it rained in Tokyo yesterday after a few weeks of sunny and hot weather. It really cooled down the whole city for a little and it saved us! Unfortunately, it quickly returned to the sunny and humid weather again, but I feel not as bad as before anymore. Hopefully autumn is close?

This summer is historically hot in the world. I heard that even Russia is too hot that foreign ambassadors' families there had to evacuate and go back to their own countries. I hope the situation will get better very soon.

I once had heat stroke. After I walked outside for hours without hat, water or food, I got a bad headache for an hour and then my body felt so cold. Luckily my flatmate made me lie down and gave me a lot of water and sugar. I didn't have any knowledge about heat stroke but that experience scared me after knowing that it could kill you.

Today I will cook something that can give you lots of energy!
Ingredients:
minced pork
ginger
onion
salt and pepper
curry powder
sesame (black or white)

1- Mix the minced pork with grazed ginger, finely cut onion, salt, pepper and curry powder.

2- Place a little of 1 into a table spoon and put it on the sesame. Cover it with sesame properly by using your hands.

3- Fry 2 with some oil.

Itadakimasu.