11 Mar 2010

Broccoli and egg soup

Do you have anything you're trying to learn every day? I learn English every night just before sleeping. The difficult thing about foreign language is that you have to keep learning/using it, because it keeps slipping out of your brain all the time like a leaking tap. Also this  is due to aging. I noticed that my ability to memorize is worse than when I was a student. I must keep trying.

Learning English made me also realize that English had a lot of words for the concept of "duty" which doesn't have as many in Japan. Burden, calling, charge, chore, commission, commitment and so on... It means that this concept has taken some important role in the English society?

It's good to know the cultural background and also train my brain by learning foreign languages...

Today we are cooking a clear broccoli and egg soup.
Ingredients:
chicken
broccoli
egg
sake
salt
soy sauce
sesame oil

1- Cook the chicken in a boiling water. When the chicken is cooked, put broccoli in.

2- Add a bit of sake, salt and soy sauce to adjust the taste.

3- Pour the stirred egg into the soup slowly, then stir the soup gently.

4- Add some sesame oil in the end.

Itadakimasu.