11 Jun 2010

Marinated and fried chicken

Yesterday I went to the driving center to renew my license. My license was actually stolen in Vietnam last month, so I expected that the process would be a little more complicated.

Contrary to my expectation, the system was too organized for people to need to speak even a word! Firstly I was told to go to the desk #10 to apply, then #1, #11...., and #6 for a lecture, then done!  I couldn't believe how they can handle hundreds of people at once who are in different processes.

Buy the way, you have to take a lecture to renew your license in Japan. We had to watch a video that captures many accident scenes... That was strange!
Ingredients:
chicken
grazed ginger (1tbsp)
salt
sake (1tbsp)
mirin (1tbsp)
soy sauce(1tbsp)
nutmeg
starch (1tbsp)

1- Cut the chicken and graze the ginger. Mix them with salt, sake, mirin and nutmeg, then marinate it for ten minutes at least.

2- Place starch into 1 and mix.

3- Fry the chicken well with some oil.

You can fry it in a deep oil like tempura but I cooked in a low calorie way this time.

Itadakimasu!